FastTerrain is a simple yet powerful terrain modeling and quantification software developed by our company. The software runs entirely within a stand-alone CAD environment.
FastTerrain – What’s included
- Very powerful triangulation algorithms and cross-model operations
- Functions for calculating contour lines as well as entering mandatory breaklines and boundaries
- Features for editing models as well as powerful tools for calculating quantities.
In just a few steps it can calculate the volume of complex geometry resulting from the intersection of models.
- Using operations between models it is possible to calculate, with maximum accuracy, the volumes of trenches and embankments resulting from the intersection of two models.
- Creation of excavation models resulting from the intersection of an excavation model (grade surface) with a soil model.
- The excavation model is created from the surrounding (Polyline) foundation that has a certain elevation (elevation) and from its sides where slopes with a specific slope are created.
- The elevation of the surrounding foundation can be modified in real time by monitoring the change of volumes.
With this method, a bearing height that balances the earthworks can be selected.